Shipping containers are not just for transporting goods anymore. They are becoming increasingly popular as a versatile and cost-effective solution for a variety of purposes, including home storage, office spaces, playrooms, garden sheds, workshops, garages, guest bedrooms, teenage retreats and more.
One of the most significant advantages of using shipping containers is their durability. They are made of heavy-duty steel and designed to withstand harsh weather conditions. This makes them ideal for use in areas that experience extreme weather conditions such as high winds, heavy rain or snowfall, or in coastal environments. Shipping containers are also resistant to fire and pests, making them an excellent choice for long-term storage.
Another advantage of using shipping containers is their cost-effectiveness. They are relatively inexpensive compared to traditional building materials like steel, wood or brick. And you won’t need to wait for council consents. This makes them an attractive option for people who want to build a structure, on a budget without waiting around.
Shipping containers can be purchased new or used, depending on your budget and needs. They can also be modified and transformed into your ideal space. They can be painted or cladded to seamlessly blend in with the style of your property.
Best of all, shipping containers can be easily relocated if you move. So, they’re an asset you can take with you if you choose.
Here are some ways you can use shipping containers at your home:
- Storage: Shipping containers are perfect for storing furniture, tools, equipment and other household items. They are available in different sizes and can be customised to suit your specific storage needs.
- Office spaces: Shipping containers can be transformed into comfortable and inviting workspaces. They can be fitted with windows, doors, insulation and air conditioning to create a conducive work environment.
- Playrooms: Shipping containers can be converted into fun and exciting playrooms for kids. They can be painted in bright colours and fitted with shelves, cabinets and other storage solutions to keep toys organised.
- Garden sheds: Shipping containers can be used as garden sheds to store gardening tools, equipment and supplies. They can be customised with shelving units and workbenches to create a functional workspace.
- Workshops: Shipping containers make excellent workshops for DIY enthusiasts or professionals who need a dedicated workspace. They can be fitted with electrical outlets, lighting fixtures and ventilation systems to create a comfortable working environment.
- Garages: Shipping containers can be used as garages to store vehicles such as cars, caravans, boats or motorcycles. They can be modified with roll-up doors and windows to provide easy access.
- Guest bedrooms: Shipping containers can be transformed into cozy guest bedrooms for visitors. They can be fitted with insulation, air conditioning and heating systems to provide a comfortable living space.
- Teenage retreats: Shipping containers can be converted into private teenage retreats where young adults can hang out with friends or study in peace.
- Wo-man or man caves: Move over teenagers, shipping containers can be transformed into the perfect space for parents to enjoy some time out from the hustle and bustle of busy households!
Shipping containers are versatile, durable and cost-effective solutions that can be used in a variety of ways at your home. Whether you need extra storage space or a dedicated workspace, at Container Space we’re on a mission to help you find an affordable, practical and stylish solution to your home storage challenges.
Give our spacemakers a call on 0800 MAKE SPACE or email us to arrange a chat about how we can help.
So you’re thinking about getting a shipping container installed on your property? That’s awesome! Shipping containers are a great way to add extra storage space or create a unique workspace. Before you get started, there are a few things you need to consider.
First, you need to find a flat location where the container can be placed. It’s important to make sure the ground is level and stable so that the container doesn’t shift or tip over. If the ground is uneven, you may need to add some gravel or other materials to create a stable base.
Next, you need to clear the area of any debris or objects that may interfere with the placement of the shipping container. This will ensure that there is enough space for the truck to deliver and set down the container. If you’re not sure whether our transport partners can access your site, just mention it to our team. Our transport partners are particularly skilled at what they do, and they can usually land our shipping containers anywhere with ease.
It’s also a good idea to prepare the ground by creating a foundation for the container. This can be done by using concrete footings or wooden beams. By creating a foundation, you can ensure that the container is level and stable.
One thing to keep in mind is that it’s best to raise the container off the ground to allow for proper ventilation. This will help prevent moisture buildup and keep your items dry and safe. You can use blocks or other materials to raise the container off the ground.
Before installing a shipping container on your property, it’s important to check with your local council or building authority to ensure that you comply with any regulations or bylaws. You don’t need consent to install a container on your property, however you might have to comply with covenants or other restrictions, so it pays to do your homework first.
While preparing for a shipping container installation requires some planning and consideration, it doesn’t take a lot of mahi. By finding a flat location, clearing the area, creating a foundation, raising it off the ground for ventilation, and checking local regulations, you can ensure that your shipping container is installed safely and securely.
If you have any questions about what you need to do to install a container on your site, get in touch with our spacemakers. Our team will be there with you every step of the way to ensure your shipping container installation is smooth and stress-free. Call us on 0800 MAKE SPACE or flick us an email.